Day 226



The weather was perfect this weekend!  It was also perfect for working outside :)  I thought I would take advantage of this and get my urns in order for the season.  There was a great selection at my favourite local garden centre.  I chose some very fragrant BC cedar bows to act as the "skirt" in my urn.  I used some red Dogwood branches for some height and a hit of colour.  Then I added some Boxwood for structure and texture (If your urn is in a windy locale I find this is great to stabilize everything else).  Now comes the fun layer!  I added silver dollar Eucalyptus.  They shimmer and move in the breeze and they smell wonderful if anybody is waiting at the front door (although people usually just walk in).  The final "piece de resistance" were these unusual Eucalyptus pods that are blue in colour and hang like large berries from the branches (you can see them in the second picture).  If I remember correctly the garden lady said they came from Peru.  So I was picturing how much I paid for them, somebody down in Peru is laughing at us. They'll pay how much for these dead branches?  .............. :)

Comments

Popular Posts