Day 228


Another thing that takes me into the holiday season is baking!  Now, I am not a lover of baking, but, this time of year I enjoy it.  I made white chocolate cranberry biscotti.  It fills the house with wonderful smells as it bakes and tastes delicious.  I serve these after dinner, or package them up as hostess treats.  Here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy :)

White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar (I use raw)
2 eggs
3 squares white chocolate, melted and cooled (or 3 ounces of white chips)
2 3/4 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup orange juice (I used a blood orange....very delicious)
1 tsp vanilla (I used homemade, also an amazing hostess gift, I will post it next week)
3 squares white chocolate, chopped (or 3 ounces chips)
3/4 cup each, coarsely chopped toasted whole almonds and dries cranberries

Preheat oven 350*

Grease and flour cookie sheets (I use a Silpat mat).  Beat butter with sugar and eggs.  Beat in melted chocolate.  Add remaining ingredients, beating until well blended.  Spoon half of dough onto each cookie sheet, shaping into a long log (I find if I wet my hands this is done very easily).  Bake 30 minutes or until golden.  Cool 10 minutes.  Cut into 3/4" slices.  Return cookies to oven and bake 20 minutes longer, turning cookies once.  Cool completely.  Drizzle with melted chocolate if you desire.

Enjoy the cookies and the process............ :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts