Day 50





Two things :) I am showing you the architecture that has always inspired my thinking with the house. I have been coming down to south carolina for twenty years and have always respected the great architecture, low country style. The second thing is I am down here right now and enjoying the sunshine so I will be brief! South Carolina style is about proportion and scale, something that makes total sense when building (obviously). A house just doesn't need to be big to be effective, it needs to make perfectly good choices in design. None of the houses I have chosen to show here are above 2500 square feet, yet to walk into some of the spaces you would think they were 1 or 2 thousand more. This is how the chateau feels when you walk into it! Large. Good bones make good houses.....oh, and I am on the end of that dock enjoying a drink :)
More beauty to follow..............

Comments

Popular Posts