Day 207

It's great to take a break.  It was a beautiful weekend weather wise and we were at an outdoor wedding in Kitchener.  Unfortunately, weekends are what push us forward in our renovation project the most :(  However I did throw away the original "timeline" a long time ago :)  Instead we enjoyed the outdoors and seeing a collection of people who we don't get to see on a regular basis.  Speaking of collections, I love when a house tells a personal story with the items that decorate the space.  My fantastic Moroccan "moon" shaped candle holder was found on a day out shopping with a friend.  The tall silver holder at the back (which looks great wherever I display it over the years) came from another great friend of mine, four houses ago.  Even the plant was a house warming gift from a bestie (2 houses ago).  The rock was picked up on the beach by my daughter on a vacation out to the east coast years ago.  I love rocks.   While I will get to Paris someday (if the renovations ever stop), my friend brought me back a beautiful tiny Eiffel tower, a reminder of her trip last year.  Each item has a story to tell and a great memory attached to it.  That is how you decorate a home.................fill it with beautiful things............with memories attached.  You will never go wrong....... :)

Comments

Popular Posts