Day 210

The official beginning of Fall is here!  For some reason, I always think of it as a time to pot some herbs for my counter (although I do this in the Spring as well). Do you think they detract from the unfinished electrical? There is something nice about seeing fresh herb plants on the counter when you are cooking.  They look nice and they smell great too :)  The trio I choose (always in three's....it's a design thing) were sage, rosemary and chervil.  Sage for the Fall and promise of Thanksgiving turkey to come.  Rosemary for any long simmering hearty pasta sauces.  Chervil for stews and soups.  I had some of the pots as a gift from a friend a few years ago and they always look great with some herbs.  The larger pot (hiding in the back with the chervil) I purchased at the herb greenhouse.  It was only $6 for the pot, but I saw a slightly bashed in one at the back that was  marked down to $3 and decided on that one.  Even if you see the dent, I like the character that it brings better than a shiny new one......and it was cheaper!  My local herb place is fantastic and has hundreds of varieties of herbs to choose from.  http://www.richters.com/
They have even supplied the Queen with herbs..............so if they are good enough for Elizabeth, they are good enough for me....... :)
Get planting and let me know which trio you choose!

Comments

Popular Posts