Day 120

Tips 101.
This is a new segment in my blogging devoted to decorating tips. If you have any design questions, feel free to ask!

The Blank Canvas

Your room is finished being drywalled and taped. Not sure which direction to head in? Try thinking about how you will be using the room. Is it mostly for daytime use? Or will it be strictly an "evening only" room? What message do you want the room to convey? Relaxed, formal, something different? This living room for me will be a great place to relax in the evening. I definitely want it comfortable, but I do like a classic look. Another important factor for me is you can see this room from the front entranceway. It is the first room in the house and I want it to represent the whole house perfectly! Based on these requirements I will choose a paint that looks great both in the daytime (yes I get visitors in the day as well as evening) and at night. I also want it to connect well, with the front hall it is adjoining, so I need to think of both of the spaces when I plan the paint colours. This room faces west so the sunlight comes later in the day, another factor. Furniture arrangement plays a massive role in the feel of the room so stay tuned to see what becomes of my blank canvas. I will use a mixture of existing furniture and some newer pieces to bring it together.

Comments

Popular Posts