Day 171


Chaos in the kitchen :(  A constant step backwards to move forward theme goes on when you are renovating.  But that's okay when the end result is a nice custom Cararra marble subway tile!  I am hoping to have this job wrapped up by the end of this week :)  (Are you laughing at me right now?)  Notice the one really dark tile that was in the batch, centred at the back of the stove.  I imagine I will get lots of questions about this one because it is so different!  Was it a purposeful placement?  Couldn't you get one that matched more?  Is it part of the look?  Personally, I like that each stone has it's own identity and characteristics.  That's what natural stone is!  So to answer questions already asked, and some yet to come .................... sometimes a stone is just a stone ................ :)

Comments

  1. Your chaos still looks fab to me! Loving that marble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's been lots of fun (mostly) doing this renovation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilted stainless panel on the wall behind the stove? VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Variety is the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts