Day 184



A vacation is a time for relaxing and refilling yourself with energy.  We have been going up to Deerhurst for almost thirty years and I marvel at how things remain constant.  Sure the decor is a little dated (a mirrored dining table and mirrored ceiling above may be too much even for me) there is comfort in the sameness.  Eight days of downtime helps me to recharge my visions for the renovation and (of course) over cocktails on the dock, decide new ways to move forward.  We have changed our minds again for the exterior siding colour..............back to what I originally wanted............if we keep pondering, we will be a work in progress for years to come :(
The good news is, we were inspired by our favourite room in the condo, the screened in porch that overlooks the lake.  We will definitely be putting one on the south side of the house............ after all, this is Ontario....... bug country :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts