Day 148



Design 101:  Answering some much asked questions

Hiring and working with a stylist/stager/decorator/designer/whoever doesn't have to be a scary thing.  let's break it down.  Firstly, I want to have a great experience and so do you (in fact I usually end up making new friends).
STEP 1
The vision you had for your room isn't quite coming to fruition (This is where we meet!)  A very  easy first step is to call me.  I help turn your vision of the space into a reality with my creative skill set. Everybody has a different skill set.
The fee for the first step is $200.  It usually takes a couple of hours (but I have been known to go over, which is good for you).  Using all of your existing things we take the room to it's full potential.  Maybe we borrow from other rooms in the process to help bring it together, but we didn't need to purchase anything!  You get a great room and I am happy because another great space decorates the world!
STEP 2
We are on a first name basis now.  I am on speed dial (that might be wishful thinking).  We are talking paint colours and purchases now.  I can shop with you or for you, you decide.  I am now on an hourly fee basis or by the room, we can decide that together.  Your drapes, by the way are gorgeous!
STEP 3
Sometimes I sleep over.  Kidding!  You have always wanted an open floor plan and that wall has to go.  I can orchestrate the trades (I have my regulars whom I trust).  Maybe it's just the doors in your house need to be updated, or windows.  This is taking your much beloved house to the next level.  Renovation is always a great investment.  Let's talk flooring......
STEP 4
We know each others favourite foods.  At this point I can walk you through a huge house renovation, still hourly or by the job, again we can decide that together.

The point here is, hiring someone to help in areas where your own skill sets don't travel makes sense.  You don't have to go through all of the steps............we can meet and stay at STEP 1 each and every time :)

Thanks for your great questions, especially your in depth questions "J"

The photos are from a Christmas home tour space I designed............... :)

Comments

Popular Posts